Sandburg Park Basketball Court Replacement
City Parks Division is reconstructing the basketball courts at Sandburg Park in 2019 and 2020. The existing court is in poor condition, contained cracking asphalt, and is not regulation size or configuration.
The project will consist of the following:
- Removal of the existing basketball court and standards
- Restoration of the old court area to turf
- Installation of a new standard full court basketball
- Striping of the new court to full court standards
- Installation of a new standards (poles and hoops)
- Installation of a new asphalt path spur to serve the court
- Striping of two four square play areas on the asphalt court
City Parks construction crews will be removing the existing court and preparing the new site for paving. Removals will likely take place starting in fall 2019. Parks has hired a contractor Raymond.P. Cattell Inc to place asphalt pavement once the new site has been prepared. Paving is scheduled to be complete by June 1st, 2020.
A schematic of the proposed improvements is shown below.
If you have questions or comments please contact Corey Stelljes at (608) 266-6518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.