Station 2 is located on Grand Canyon Blvd. on Madison's west side. The firehouse was built in 1979 to accommodate the growing west side.
It is staffed daily with four firefighters and two firefighter/paramedics who work 24-hour shifts.
Station 2 houses Ladder Company 2 and Medic 2.
- Ladder 2 – a 2010 Pierce Quantum 105-foot aerial ladder with a 1500 gallons-per-minute fire pump and a complement of ground ladders, fire hose, tools, and extrication equipment.
- Medic 2 – a 2020 Demers ambulance with a Ford E-450 chassis. M2 provides advanced life support for the west side of Madison. It carries a full complement of advanced life support medicine and equipment including a cardiac 12-lead defibrillator, oxygen, and immobilization gear. To aide in patient and paramedic safety and comfort, it operates with a Stryker power-loading cot and liquid shock suspension system.
- 1 Lieutenant, station officer
- 1 Apparatus Engineer (driver) operating the ladder truck
- 2 Firefighters staffing the ladder truck
- 2 Paramedics staffing the ambulance