W Main Street Bike Boulevard Improvements
City Staff will present the W Main Bike Blvd Improvements to the Transportation Commission on Wednesday, June 8. To register for public comment, please go to the Meeting Schedule page on the City Clerk website, https://www.cityofmadison.com/city-hall/committees/meeting-schedule. The agenda will be posted and registration available closer to the meeting date.
The City is proposing improvements to the W Main St Bike Boulevard to enhance the safety and accessibility for bikers of all ages and abilities. Potential Improvements include the following:
· Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) and median island improvements for the W Main bike/pedestrian crossing at Proudfit St.
· Raised crossing and bump-outs at the Southwest Path Crossing at W Main St.
· Remove on-street parking on both sides of W Main St between Proudfit St and the Southwest Path, install buffered bike lanes.
· Bump-outs on the southern and eastern corners of the W Main St and S Bedford St intersection.
· Resurface all asphalt pavement on W Main St between Proudfit St and S Fairchild St.
· Other signage and marking improvements along W Main St
View the full map of proposed improvements.
W Main St: Proudfit St to N Fairchild Street
There are a number of points of contact during this project where the public is encouraged to give feedback as part of public information meetings and public hearings. Dates, times and locations are indicated below:
Public Information Meetings
If you need an interpreter, translator, materials in alternate formats or other accommodations to access this service, activity or program, please email the Project Manager Aaron Canton of the Engineering Division at firstname.lastname@example.org. Si necesita un intérprete, un traductor, materiales en formatos alternativos u otros arreglos para acceder a este servicio, actividad o programa, comuníquese inmediatamente al número de teléfono que figura a continuación. Yog tias koj xav tau ib tug neeg txhais lus, ib tug neeg txhais ntawv, cov ntaub ntawv ua lwm yam los sis lwm cov kev pab kom siv tau qhov kev pab, kev ua num los sis kev pab cuam no, thov hu rau tus xov tooj hauv qab no tam sim no.
A survey has been created for this project. Please give your feedback and complete by May 31, 2022.
W Main Street Bike Boulevard Survey