Register to Vote at Mad Lit
The Clerk's office will be available at the Madison Night Market with voting and election information. If you would like to register to vote or update your voter registration, bring one of the following acceptable proof of residence documents:
- Utility bill issued within the last 90 days.
- Bank, credit union, credit card, or mortgage statement.
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin identification card.
- A government-issued document (federal, state, county, municipal, tribal, UW, Madison College, or public school).
- Certified housing list provided to the City Clerk's Office by UW-Madison or Edgewood College (must show student ID; available at the polls and absentee voting sites)
- Check issued by a unit of government.
- Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the previous year.
- Residential lease effective on the day of registration (cannot be used if registering to vote by mail).
- Contract or intake document issued when admitted to a nursing home or care facility.
- College fee statement issued in the last nine months, accompanied by student ID card.
- Affidavit from a public or private social service agency, on letterhead, identifying an individual who is homeless and indicating where that individual resides. Social Services Agency sample letter for homeless voters registration requirement
Follow the Clerk’s Office on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (@MadisonWIClerk) for voting and election information, event calendar updates, and other ways to participate in local government.