Update--West Washington Avenue Construction
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 - 1:19pm
Regent Street to Bedford Street:
- MG&E Project
- On Monday, May 7, Intren, LLC will close lanes to construct underground MG&E utilities on West Washington Avenue between Regent Street and Bedford Street. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction. The Southwest Commuter Path will remain open at all times. This project will continue until the start of the city of Madison street reconstruction project.
- City of Madison Project:
- The city of Madison project will reconstruct West Washington Avenue between Regent Street and Bedford Street. The city contract will start on Tuesday, May 29, with a completion date of mid-August.
- Included in the city project is pavement replacement within the Regent Street & West Washington Avenue intersection, which will require additional lane closures. Press releases will be sent prior to those closures.
- Railroad Crossing Replacement:
- Wisconsin and Southern Railroad will replace the railroad track crossing, which will require a full closure of West Washington Avenue (both directions of traffic) for 10 days. This closure is scheduled to take place from 9:00 a.m. Friday, July 27 to 7:00 a.m. Monday, August 6.
Bedford Street to Broom Street:
- Intren continues work on the MG&E project that is on West Washington Avenue between Bedford Street and Broom Street. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction, at all times. This project will be completed in mid-June.
Direct any questions to the contacts listed.
- Tom Mohr608email@example.com